Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Block Test Day 3

Hey 6K let me tell you something (if you guys are interested that is). I HATE Maths. Right to the core. At least it's true for the government syllabus...

Now I know why they gave 3 hours for maths. It's because of the stupid aircon and that sickening Maclaurin series. Should have done a Yongquan and brought 6 packets of tissue paper if I had known earlier. Then I would have finished the whole paper with 30+mins to spare and not left blanks instead. And the invigilator must have thought that I was some kind of disgusting guy, wiping his nose with all the mucus coming out onto his pants (NB: I mean I was FORCED to wipe my nose with my hand and wipe my hand on my pants, not wipe my nose directly onto my pants, that's a lot worse, and I was also NOT wiping my nose while all the mucus dripped onto my pants, that's EVEN WORSE) and pulling his nose so hard as if trying to tear it out... I wish I could, then I wouldn't be so miserable... And I heard I wasn't the only one who suffered... Someone used up A WHOLE TISSUE BOX within the 1st 2 days of exam...

And more importantly, the bloody cold almost screwed me up totally... how do you solve 100a^2-120a < 0? Answer: 0< a <(5/6). Plugged in a=1 into the GC to check, saw that it was supposed to be within the range, then realized the answer was 0< a <(6/5). Smart SMART SMART me.

And as if it wasn't bad enough, then came the blasted Maclaurin shit. 3rd derivative? What the F, go hell la. Can't simplify a bloody shit for the 1st 2 derivatives at all, how to find? Ended up skipping the question... In the end decided to come back to it and thrash it out... and in the process doing quotient rule for a fraction with a square root in its denominator... MORE THAN ONCE. And like it wasn't sickening enough, all but 2 terms had numerators that were multiples of x. And what do you do in Maclaurin series? x=0, isn't it?

And guess what? the last 2 terms were integral multiples of derivatives (to be exact, 1 and 2), and the right hand side was zero. And looking back at the question, ln y = cos^-1 2x. WHAT THE HELL IS THE PROBLEM WITH THE QUESTION SETTERS?!?! ARGH...

Never mind, enough of all this crap (crap refers to maths, not my blog post), enjoy the picture of Hulky Bulky Arshavin, but don't forget to mug chem... MUST MUG HARD, else Mrs Tham will complain we score too low again (Actually not that low also right, class average A leh)... And CHEM rep all the more must mug CHEM, else CHEM tutor may pour hot CAMP-bells soup on CHEM rep and tell CHEM rep's father-mother-sister-brother-uncle-nephew-niece to force CHEM rep to CAMP in CAM-bridge to mug CHEM, so see ya... for now...

Jackie
CHEM rep

PS. Price CEILINGS give rise to SHORTAGE.

No comments: