Friday, June 27, 2008

Block Test Day 4

BLOCKS ARE OVER!!! Before we enjoy what is left of our not-really-existent vacation, let us sit back and laugh at the 16 poor souls from 7B who have bio test after sunrise… Though I think by this time you read this, most of you have nothing much to laugh about liao… And please don’t kill me 7B, I dowan to organize ANOTHER SMTP outing…

And before I start waffling about Thursday (since it’s actually Friday now), some little things should be clarified/commented on before my com hangs on me again and makes me retype my whole post for the 4th time…

1) YES Mui Suan, because I am an absolute slacker, and that blogging doesn’t take so much time these days (except for the post with the Russian green humanoid look-alike pictures), I can afford to blog every day… Also, like Zhe Wei said, it's a "blog" test... which may explain why I didn’t finish my test paper for physics, chem. And maths…

2) “Mugger” crocodile is just a kind of crocodile that is called “mugger” for some reason, and has nothing to do with intensive and repetitive studying of notes and worksheets or anything to do with improving intelligence…

3) Like our lovely welfare rep says, GOOD TIME MANAGEMENT IS IMPORTANT IN TESTS… (holy I’m shocked, she’s caring not only for Jeremy’s welfare, it must be the 爱屋及乌 effect HAHA) And from the fact that we left plenty of blanks in our test papers (or at least I did), I foresee that our tutors are going to give us hell about time management until the promos are over…

4) And like Mui Suan said (again), “block” tests are meant to “block” you from getting promoted to J2 (contrary to what the school has said of course haha), while “promos” are meant to “promote” you to J2 by hook or by crook… Better not let Mrs Tham see this, else she’ll insist the whole class gets an A for chem EOY. What to do, we are 6Kers, life is tough…

5) Yes Hognaes, glad that you finally realized… told you to take a leaf out KM’s, er, plant… oh oops, I meant Jian Hua…

6) Due to the fact that I had some decently important stuff to do this afternoon after chem test, I didn’t blog… Want the details? Ask me personally. But spread it around, and you’ll be deader than meeting Mrs Tham after getting U for chem test…

7) Sigh can’t help but agree with Jia Jun. I really miss those days where I can sleep for 45% of the duration of the maths paper and still get full marks…

8) O yes SMTP outing… Er it may be sorta hard for you geniuses, but can we treat it like we all got dementia? Means we sort of… let it slip out of our minds… and don't let it come back in... can? Zhe Wei and I will appreciate it a lot, thanks =)

Ok shall start waffling (or pizza-ing) about our last day of blocks…

Woke up to hear that Germany won Turkey. They barely deserved it I guess, but since I was hating the Turks for their turkey-sized back-from-the-dead victories, well… upped my mood a bit I guess… but the most important thing was that I won another 5 pizzas from my dad… Hope Spain doesn’t fail me later, then I’ll be really FAT after my dad repays his pizza debt… it stands at 8 pizzas now…

A half-eaten breakfast, half-eaten lunch, 4.5 hours, some mugging and a dad’s quick ride later, I was back in school for the last paper… my nightmares were starting again…

Blasted MCQ. Shaded in the last answer just as I had to stop, thank god. Barely finished, no thanks to those calculating stuff. So calculative. ARGH. Lucky a lot of qualitative qns at the back… Speaking of MCQ, the invigilator called Mui Suan “Jian Hua”. WELL WELL, wonder if we should call her Miss/Mrs Jeremy Lim or Miss Tay… haha no offence Mui Suan…

Wasn’t so lucky for Paper 2 though, sigh… got stuck at 1 calculating qn, ended up rushing thru section B, and barely 7 mins left for question 2. Thrashed it out all the way to 2b, but with less than 3 minutes left, I can’t possibly do that silly 6-line stoichiometry rubbish. Thankfully, 2d was like this: “what is the difference between and ideal gas and a real gas?” Ah, I know that one…

As for what I did after the test, shan’t reveal too much… or I should say, I shall not reveal it at all… cos… it wasn’t too pleasant… but you can always bug me if you want to know…

Meanwhile, on the EMB… “There will be no Rocket Launch (Grading) tomorrow Friday (27th June 08) as I have invigilation duties tomorrow and a meeting with MOE, IDA, TEE in the afternoon. My apologies. The Rocket Launch will be postponed to next week (most likely) during the enrichment slot on Thurs.” Man, there wasn’t a need for the apology, nor was there a need for the reason… Mrs Loh is just such a nice teacher… Should vote her for “best physics teacher” award if I get the chance… Now I can go out on Friday hehheh…

But there’s 1 bit… “I hope you have tried your best for this Block Test. Do not fret over the results as there is little you can do anything about it. You may rethink and reevaluate what can be done to improve for subsequent tests however.” Yea yea yea, no need to fret, ONLY 21 marks worth of blanks, still got chance for A… SIGH…

And then… “Students (inclusive of MOP students) who have been selected for this training, please attend lessons on every Thursday from 545pm to 715pm. It will start in week 3 - Term 3 - 10th July 2008 at Musics LT. Please be punctual for all lessons and
remember to sign on the attendance list for every lesson. There maybe make-up lessons during one-week-school (Sept) holiday.” WHATTHEHOLY… SHIT. The journey home shall be dangerous, there’s no sunlight…

Oh yes, and 1 more thing, I’m not supposed to do this (or face the wrath of my mum), but oh well… Anyone who is desperately in love with rubik’s cubes and the like and would wish to get something that is certainly not available in Singapore, I can try to help you look for what you want when I go England… just remember to pay me when I buy for you…

Yea should be all, hopefully the next post is about class outing… or I should call it “Joel’s outing”… and yes, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOEL!

Jackie

No comments: