Thursday, March 27, 2008

Year 2008 Term 2 Week 2 Day 4 (27 March)

Hmm... good news, bad news, lots of lameness, and lots of frustration... Mmm I shall start with the bad things 1st...

Firstly, Physics Olympiad. FOR THE 4TH TIME, the timing clashes with my timetable. 1st it clashes with SMTP enrichment, then it clashes with CCA, then came rumours that it may be on saturday, which clashes with my SIMO national team training, now it clashes with Prof Xu's training. Now it's on mondays, 5pm to 7pm. People from Prof Xu's Maths Olympiad training, which is more important? I hope you are complaining, that's how bad things are... Some kind soul please let me read whatever you collect from there...

Secondly, Purple Comet. I understand that there are lots of people from 6K participating, but as you all know, it clashes (again) with physics prac on thursday. So, I have emailed Mr Chan (that's the VP) for permission to be excused from lessons during that period, hope he grants permission... If not, oh well... it's all the admin's fault... High School free on Thursday (my foot, they were free on wednesday the past 2 years), College free on Wednesday, so troublesome, then why IP must merge schools under the same name? Nothing but trouble right? Honestly when I tell people I'm from Hwa Chong INSTITUTION they don't have the slightest idea what the *********** I am talking about...

Thankfully, life is not that bad yet, or else I'll be tearing out whatever hair I have left on my head...

I think the whole class caught some laughing and lameness syndrome today, laughing over everything and saying all kinds of lame stuff and doing all kinds of lame things... Got a bit too high after holiday I guess...

1st tutorial: Chemistry
Mrs Tham was talking to us about the seriousness of cheating in SPA and exams... then the projector/visualizer (whatever you call it) broke down... Mrs Tham say even the projector recognizes the importance... HAHAHA... She also complimented us, say we very 乖, never make a lot of noise during lecture, so new seating arrangement can seat at the back... and our dear welfare rep happily asked to seat at the red seats in the audi... so caring sia... And Mrs Tham also say we still very 乖, got do the COMPULSORY pre-lecture quiz 5 (save for a few)... so the welfare rep (again) thought that she was implying pre-lecture quiz 6 was not compulsory anymore... very funny Mui Suan... but i like=)

2nd tutorial: Maths
Nothing much actually, but I shan't talk about what Mr Yeo said, lest i flare up about Purple Comet again...

3rd tutorial: GP
The most interesting of the day, it seems like we got a bit too high and started laughing for no reason... and people around my table seem to love prefixes and suffixes a lot... I saw Mui Suan getting very excited when Ms Lim was approaching the prefix "post-"... the moment Ms Lim said the word, a voice erupted, "POSTMAN!" *faint*
O ya sorry Shizhi, for over-enthusiastically announcing your arrival in E204 by shouting “实之驾到” while you were hunching to avoid getting seen...
Also, a suggestion from our lovely welfare rep to our equally lovely CT Rep: You should write all your essays out next time, since Ms Lim likes your handwriting so much...
And don't forget, a person who cooks is called a "cook", not a "cooker"... Mui Suan needs to buy the grammar book too I guess...
Oh I almost forgot, photos! We had to "collect words" at fish tank today (winner gets a free drink from fish tank, but no thanks, a drink from a fish tank probably contains ammonia and poo excreted by fishes), so some of us automatically whipped out our phones to take photos... Most of them provided by an anonymous source who wishes to remain anonymous but I don't think he/she is that anonymous anymore... Nevertheless, let's call this person X... O ya there's something wrong with my com, shall post the pics next time...

Lecture: Chemistry
We were told to nod head or shake head to answer questions... so... I came up with a little lame storyline...
"When Mrs Tham asked us if methane was polar, I happened to wake up from my sleep... I felt groggy so I shook my head... Then when she asked us if ammonia was polar, I started to fall asleep again... so my head went nod nod..."
As for London forces...
"London forces were named after this guy called London. As London was a very fat and heavy man, when he crossed a bridge, the bridge collapsed... that's why now we have a song called 'London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down..."
And Mister X also told the whole class to raise their hands when Mrs Tham asked a question and told us to pick the correct choice. We obeyed Mister X, and it turns out he was wrong... OOPS and we were from SMTP...
Lastly, since we didn't have time to do the think-pair-share exercise, we were told to 'go home and THINK, then PAIR with your friend and SHARE..."

That's all!

JaCkIe

No comments: