Friday, May 30, 2008

Living without the Internet

I AM FINALLY CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET!

it all happened on monday night (the night before SMO)... my PW was having an online discussion.. meeting started late. i went online for abt an hour. the meeting started for abt 10 min when suddenly, i was disconnected from the internet.. tried to connect again but failed.. sigh..... couldnt discuss pw.

called singtel the next day (tuesday). did whatever they told me to do but still couldnt connect to the net. they said they'll send someone over to check on thursday.

and so i lived without the internet from mon night till today.. thankfully, i had to go for the Audio Visual Seminar in sch on wednesday and thursday... dont have to keep thinking of checking my email. didnt have time to use comp in sch though.. and for AVS, i got lots of Pizza Hut vouchers valid till 30june.. so maybe we can have class outing at Pizza Hut after block tests :)

apparently due to the lift upgrading project in hougang, the internet server (or something) was somehow affected and quite a couple of broadband users in my neighbourhood were affected.

anyway, i checked my email inbox today and found 20new msgs... wow! and the first person who talked to me online was zhihui. he asked, " you didnt go for band concert meh?"... obviously i didnt go.... but i did buy 2 tickets from SD... better than zhihui, buy already dont want to go...

its kinda funny that my grp is doing on the over reliance on electronic entertainment etc.. and i am suddenly forced to "unplug"... hee thankfully i am not really dependent on the internet...oh well... must apologise to my pw mates for missing the discussion that day.. and for those who are visiting this blog, kindly help my group do this survey . much appreciated!!

happy hols :)

Mui

No comments: