Friday, April 25, 2008

Year 2008 Term 2 Week 6 Day 5 (25 April)

1st of all the good news:

The class now has $100 worth of MAC vouchers!

Special thanks to...
Yongquan, who answered question 7 so quickly and enthusiastically that all the credit seemed to go to me (and paved the way for us to grab the $100),
Yuqun, for literally flying down the aisle to answer the question that brought us to the hot seatSSSSSSSSSS (though I provided him with the answer haha),
All others (like Yisheng) who tried to signal their answers to me,
and everyone else for their support by just sitting down at the front of the audi! YAY!!!
Oh, I almost forgot, I must thank MYSELF, hehheh boasting again, for holding the microphone and answering all the questions for the class (from what I heard, with terrifying speed and efficiency)!!!

But sorry to anyone who thought I was being arrogant somehow (cos of the near 1-man show), I think it was just the over-enthusiasm, and I didn't mean to point out the mistake in 1 of the questions so blatantly, but I couldn't think of a nicer way to phrase it...

And naughty 6H, who didn't trust Yongquan (and me too, cos I got the answer before we confirmed it haha) and paid for it... tsk tsk, we are 1 BIG (Joel-sized) SMTP family, sabo you for what... Ai ya ya... HEHHEH=P

Anyway, I think 6K's pretty famous now... Once again, 3 cheers to 6K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chem tutorial also very fun, I was most relieved when Mrs Tham said she wouldn't go through the energetics tutorial (imagine, chem rep never do chem tutorial, die liao man)... As for SPA next week...

1) Read instructions carefully. Don't put the titre into the conical flask, or pour what should be in the conical flask into the burette... And don't weigh out solids that are 10 times more or lesser than the value given...
2) Read the SPA notes. Don't wash conical flasks with solutions and burettes with only DI water. Or else you might as well titrate with tap water.
3) Write neatly. This is obvious.
4) Use common sense. It doesn't make sense for your titre value to be 2.00cm^3, nor is it logical to empty 4 burettes of solution into your conical flask.
5) Read through what you write. Don't "swirl throughout the titration" (unless, of course, you intend to dance while mixing the solution in the conical flask) and "drip the solution".

Yea I guess that's all... Happy mugging!

Jia Guang

No comments: